The typical laminate cabinetry with an oak trim. While it serves it's purpose of storage it certainly doesn't say anything about the home owner.
Here is our "before" with the typical soffits (what's a soffit? It is the drywall box above the wall cabinetry)
And now, the "after"...oh yeah!
Here is what I did for this sweet client in conjunction with her talented remodeler:
- Removed the soffits and ran taller upper cabinetry right up to the ceiling, now our client gained a foot of space in each cabinet for additional storage!
- Used a clean door style (Hancock Maple from "Quality Cabinets") in a soft beige tone.
- By measuring her new appliances, I was able to use every inch available for cabinetry and create her Refrigerator appear more built-in without the high cost.
- We put in 9 new drawers for storage and organization
- Having her floor tile run in a diagonal pattern creates a wider appearance in her kitchen
- The dark green granite creates a rich finish and sheen
What is so wonderful about this project is, you don't have to have HUGE amounts of space to create a beautiful kitchen that has great design and function!