Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving, is my personal favorite holiday!
I love the no-gift-giving pressure, quality family time, the madness of sales, and of course- the food!
It's such a warm, cozy time of year filled with smiles.
Looking through my "Medallion cabinetry" photography on their website, I thought I would post this lovely kitchen.
I think it looks quite ready for Thanksgiving, don't you? I know I would enjoy prepping my family's recipes in here.
The different tones of mixed woods throughout the space, create such warmth.


Below is a table setting I saw online created by Ina Garten. I thought it would be so beautiful for Thanksgiving. It's quite feasible to do and find all the items needed while shopping for your Tday food list.
An odd cluster of orange/salmon hued tulips, plates of clementines, highlighted by the pumpkin hued napkins...beautiful.


This is my personal favorite wine that I think accompanies the Turkey-day dishes extraordinarily well. It's a Zinfandel by Ravenswood and as a shopping fyi, I've often seen it available at Trader Joe's. It's extra delish with brussel sprouts...yes, I love brussel sprouts.

So speaking of that, here is a delicious recipe from Ina Garten, of Food Network!
Hope you enjoy, I pasted it as recipe card for easy printing!
Or here is the link : BRUSSEL SPROUTS mmmm

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, All rights reserved

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
hr min
Cook Time:
40 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
6 servings

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with
the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the
outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with
more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.

No comments: